Hotone Expression Pedal works perfect to reduce size and weight
I recently added the Hotone Soul Press to my travel rig. It works great. Smaller than I thought it would be, but I love the size. I’m using it with an Fractal Audio Axe-FX and an FAMC Liquidfoot Mini midi controller. One thing I noticed to be aware of… When using as an expression pedal, the minimum volume setting seems to become active only after the button is pushed. This can be weird if it’s not set to 0%. Example… you have full range when everything is first powered on, then after you click the button it uses maximum range and minimum volume range. It threw me off at first until I figured it out. I wish the bottom was completely flat. I may find 2 flat screws to replace the battery door screws and remove the rubber feet. Velcro does not want to stick the rubber feet. Love the pedal overall.
- Volume & Expression control
- Toe back will activate tuner (thanks to the FAMC midi controller)
- Toe button activates mute and tuner (thanks to the FAMC midi controller)
- Build quality is good
- Foot print is small
- Toe button has a nice click that is hard enough to push down to feel easy, but not accidentally engage.
- Sound quality is great
- Feet do not hang on to velcro very well. Could use a flat bottom instead.